Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Black and White Matchbox

For my birthday my husband gave me two pounds of marzipan covered in dark chocolate from See's candy. My favorite. It came wrapped in a nice black and white wrapping paper that I knew I could use for something else. That was the inspiration for joining the Black and White Matchbox swap over at swap-bot.
My partner likes to read so I included a book thong. I don't have a lot of beads in black and white that would work for a book thong and fit in a matchbox so I decided to use black buttons and to leave off the tassel. I think it worked well.
She also likes ghosts and vampires and other such creatures so since I was making things with felt I also added a bat pin made with said felt.
Black and White Matchbox
Stickers, sea shells, buttons, a bead and some safety pin fill up the rest of the matchbox.

No comments: