Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Granny Square a Day 'Til the End of May

Over at Meet Me At Mike's a challenge was issued a few weeks ago to make a Granny Square a Day 'Til the End of May. I only just found out about it yesterday, what with moving and all, but decided this was a perfect chance to use up some of my yarn which seems to have been breeding while I had it packed away in those dark, cozy boxes. Who knew?
Anyway, I had recently seen this pattern over at Crochet Me and when I saw the challenge and all that yarn I just had to join in the fun. Of course, I am playing catch-up so here are my first four:
Swirily Granny Squares
I started with the one in the upper left and then changed just one color as a did each one after that (they go clockwise). I will see how far I can go using up bits and pieces of yarn before I have to change more than one color at a time. It isn't meant to be a hard and fast rule, just something I made up.
I left the ends long because I am not sure if I want to sew them together as is, which would require a lot of different colors of yarn, conveniently already attached, of if I want to add a neutral border and then attach them. We'll see.

No comments: