Thursday, September 22, 2011

ICADs on a Grid

Daisy Yellow showed a bunch of ICADs today and several of them were done on those index cards with the quarter inch grid instead of lines, so I thought I would show you the ones I've done on those same cards. Well, not the same cards, but, you know, ones like them.

My mom and I ate at a Chinese restaurant and I decided to put my fortune on the above card. Then I filled each square with a different image, though some of the "differences" are only because of the orientation of the design. Of course, there is an alien in there, too.
This one is from a technique I learned here, here and here. I used the grid to lay out the starting dots, then after I had drawn the knot, I used correction tape to sort of cover the grid lines. I kind of like that they aren't covered up completely.


These were all inspired by quilts. I like the way the blue lines work in these.

2 comments:

VivJM said...

Ooh I love this collection of cards!

Must find me some of these griddy cards,never seen them here in the UK :-(

TaylorMaide said...

Very nice. I especially like the quilt inspired.