Friday, December 5, 2008

First Matchbox Swap

I have seen a lot of swaps for matchboxes decorated and filled with an assortment of, well, anything that will fit in one. The most popular size is 32 but there are also swaps for size 250. It took me a while to figure out that the number refers to the number of matches that would fit in the box.
It turns out you don't have to actually buy a box of matches and use them or throw them out. You can just make your own matchbo
x. So I finally signed up for a swap and made a box (size 32) out of an old Christmas card.It is filled with lots of things including a book thong and earrings. I was surprised how much I could fit in such a small box. It was fun to do and I will definitely do it again.
For this swap, we were also supposed to include an edible treat. My partner did not mention anything she likes to eat so I just added a few peppermints to the package to meet the requirements of the swap. She did, however, mention that she likes Dotee dolls very much. So this is what she is getting as her real treat.

Hope she likes her package.

No comments: