Saturday, January 3, 2009

Duck Tacos

New Year's Eve our family watched fireworks at Legoland. Legoland uses lego time to welcome the new year, which is much more family friendly, and six hours earlier, than the more traditional midnight.
Afterward, we went to Sammy's Wood Fired Pizza for dinner. We had never eaten them before and it was a little more upscale than I had expected for a pizza place, but there were plenty of families (and one interesting table with about 10 lovely young women -- all with heavy eye makeup and in very nice, very short skirts -- and one man) and the wait was not too long so we stayed.
After the waiter told us about the "Artesian" pizzas (probably like the artisan pizzas, but the dough is mixed with a special water?), Ken ordered the Mini Duck Tacos tapas to share and we each ordered our own entree.
The Mini Duck Tacos are the most wonderful thing I have eaten up to this point in my life and I have not forgotten about chocolate as I am saying this. I am a better person for having eaten them. Luckily, Nick would not try them, because then I would have had to prove that I was a better person. It is the perfect combination of flavors. And I don't (didn't?) like duck. Later, our waiter told us it is the most popular item among the employees.
Nick ordered a kid's cheese pizza and halfway through it he said we had to come back again because it was the best pizza he had ever eaten. He finished it all which is unusual for him.
I had the "Fresh Beets, Toasted Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Organic Arugula Salad." The only ingredient not in the name is the pomegranate dressing. It was also very good, but it is not Duck Tacos.

No comments: