Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bird Pictures Again

Here is what they looked like Saturday. Look at all those feathers. This was taken with the flash and as soon as I took the picture the one on the far left lunged up with his mouth open. It made me think of a shark coming up out of the water. Turns out their eyes are open now so I guess the flash of light disturbed him and why should he be disturbed by anything, but a tasty bug from his mama's beak?
I will try to take pictures only with good enough light now.
Before I could get out mama bird flew in and startled me, almost as much as I startled her I am sure. She has caught all of us, but Nick in there at one time or another. She sure keeps busy with all of them. Heather says there is a daddy bird helping too, but I don't think I have seen him.

Here they are today. I am relieved every time I can still count five of them. They all seem to be doing well, though they go completely still whenever one of us goes in to take a look or just to get something out of the tool shed. As if we ever just go in to get something without taking a look at them.

No comments: