Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Well, Hmm. . .

Today we had an air conditioner installed. They also did some duct work and found that the heater was not connected to the master bedroom. We've only lived here a couple of months so it hasn't been an issue yet, but it is good to find out before we are freezing our you-know-whats off. If we could freeze that little (ha!) pooch in front off that might be another story, but I digress.
Anyway, my daughter called me into her room to see the curtains she had just hung there and I noticed that there was a little frayed rope hanging down from the duct in the craft room as I was passing through. Well, I figured they would take care of that before they left.
Later, while they were still working, I was working on the computer which is in the craft room and my son came in to ask me something. As he was leaving, my husband yells "Just stop. Don't step on that." I thought some insulation had fallen on the floor, so I told my son to come back to me while dad swept it up.
What he swept up was a rat (?) skeleton. That rope I had seen hanging from the duct was it's spine and when they moved the duct to adjust things the skull that was holding it in place came loose.
I wonder what else is up there? Well, at least there is one less rat skeleton.
Home, sweet home.

No comments: