Monday, August 17, 2009

Chicago Farmer's Market

These are some pictures I took during my recent trip to Chicago with my Mom and my aunt. We stayed in the Rosemont area and would take the blue line into Chicago usually getting off around Jackson give or take a stop or two. We came across this farmer's market as we were wandering around getting our bearings. It seems to be one of many around Chicago during the season.
Fresh Peaches
I love the color in this one. Don't you just want a bite?
Sunflowers
So happy looking.
Handfuls of Beauty
Some lovely flowers. As much as I enjoyed Chicago, it is so nice to see these bits of nature as you wander through the canyons of glass and steel and stone.
Beets
Last, but not least, beets. I love fresh beets. Boil to doneness, slip the skin off, roughly slice and garnish with butter and a little salt. If I had a way to cook these in my room, one of these lovely bunches would have been mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nothing beat a fresh market!