Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Gilroy Garlic Chicken

I am getting ready to send out some recipes for a swap I am in over at swap-bot. The swap is for five recipes on recipe cards to two different people. One of the recipes I'm including is for Gilroy Garlic Chicken. It is a recipe my daughter brought home from high school a few years ago. Her Western Civilization teacher, Mr. Franklin, gave this recipe to all his students. We love it. Hope you will, too.

Gilroy Garlic Chicken
4 chicken breasts (cut to bite size)
1 WHOLE garlic bulb (diced)
Oil (olive oil or peanut oil)
2-3 tablespoons white vinegar
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
2-3 tablespoons honey

(if possible use a large enamel frying pan)

1. Brown chicken in oil (3-4 minutes on high).
2. Push the chicken to the edge of the pan and introduce all ingredients -- let the liquids get friendly and then combine with the chicken.
3. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.

VOILA!

We don't have an enamel pan and it always comes out great, but I include Mr. Franklin's instruction in case you have such a pan. Also, I would use the 3 tablespoons measure for the last three ingredients whenever possible because the sauce is so tasty.

No comments: