Friday, February 6, 2009

It Wasn't Even My Favorite Quilt

Sunday, my mother, my aunt and I went to a quilt show. They had some truly beautiful quilts. Others were just interesting. Two of them did nothing for me at all.
One of the interesting quilts had been done by a Polish quilter who was inspired by a wall in a city that had been repeatedly covered with handbills. As I recall, the colors were mostly grays with some muted colors and the design/pattern of it was made by the words on the handbills. It was not something I would want to have in my home, but it did have its own beauty and I am glad I got to see it. As I was leaving the show, I was thinking of how I could use some of the ideas in the quilts I saw as elements or inspirations for some of the things I like to make. This was not one of the quilts I was thinking about.

That night, I was cutting something out of my church's bulletin, when all of the little graphic bits in it reminded me of the handbills quilt (I have no idea what its real name is, sorry) and I thought it would be interesting to make an ATC out of them. This is the result.

Church Bulletin ATC

No comments: