Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Got Mail


Look at all the lovely things that came in the mail for me this week. These are all the result of Swap-bot swaps.

Starting on the left, from Barbara, a box with a cherry blossoms and bamboo design for the Inchies Container swap. The box was filled with all sorts of goodies like buttons and dried flowers and the envelope of embellishments you can see directly below the box in the picture.

In the middle, from kylanicole, are inchies from the Alphabet Inchies 1-2-3 #2 swap. These are the letters J-R and are done in watercolor. For a really good picture of them, see her website. My favorite is the rocket, but they are all so lovely, I think I will frame them. Above the inchies are some stickers she hand stamped for me. I suspect, but do not know, that she made the stamp, too.

Below the inchies is a beautiful ATC from mergs in Australia. You will have to see it in person to appreciate how lovely it is. Wow. It is for the Thread Embellished ATC swap.

Finally, on the right, are two (TWO !) zines from Pickle who lives in Canada. I had never seen an actual zine until I joined the Quote Zine swap and made my own. These are the first I have received from someone else. Both of them are very interesting and I will use some of her same techniques next time I make a zine. One of the zines is the quote zine and the other is about incorporating art in your life. She also sent me the picture behind the zines that she silkscreened herself.

Thanks to all of my wonderful swap partners. Hooray!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wowzers! I love them all! I think my favorite inchie must be the quail (I've always had a soft spot for them) and I love the little envelope of embellishments you got from Barbara.