Sunday, May 31, 2009

Catching Up

Of course there has been crafting going on:
Striped Dishcloth
This was inspired by this post on Laughing Purple Goldfish. Just a warning to those who get dishcloths from me: you may be getting ones like this this year. I am also working on a rug for the craft room and/or kitchen based on this design, too. This on is all in cotton yarns, the rug will be in double strands of acrylic yarns.

I have also been working on the Crochet a Granny Square a Day 'til the End of May project. These are some more I have done:
Not Really These Colors Spirals
and
No More Rules Spirals
and
Spiral Grannies Again
There are more but I am not so good about taking the pictures in a timely way, and I will have to sort out which are still waiting for their close-ups.
I have decided that I will border them in an off-white yarn before I join them together. Perhaps they will be a poncho, or a shrug or a bag or two. Their final destiny is still up in the air. They are getting quicker to make as I have learned the pattern and overcome my own difficulties with it. For instance, I now know that the center should not be tightened until I have finished row 2. The first two stitches of row 2 are much easier that way.

I have also been working on some swaps for swap-bot. These are for the Striped ATC swap:
Striped Stripes ATC's
and these are for a handmade zentangle postcard swap:
Postcards for Swap
We were allowed to do something beyond a plain black and white tangle, if we wanted. I tried coloring these according to the recipients' color preferences in their profiles. It makes me nervous to send these out. Did I get the size and weight right? I back them with plain paper after I'm done to write the address on. Will that stay stuck on? Always happy when I get the ratings for handmade postcards. Well, for anything, but especially those.
The picture is a bit fuzzy. Sigh.

No comments: