Monday, May 11, 2009

Chocolate Chip Goodness

We love the kitchen in our new house. For the first week after we moved in we didn't have a stove and the microwave had a hole/burn mark in the screen on the door so we weren't comfortable using it. Once we got the new stove and microwave we have been doing more cooking than usual.
The first thing Heather made in the oven were these cookies she had recently discovered. They are the best chocolate chip cookies I have had.
The guard where I work sometimes brings in his wife's banana bread which is the best I have ever tasted. So when I saw our bananas getting seriously spotty (btw, why is it that you can buy a bunch of bananas and be lucky if you even get one because your family practically inhales them and then after a few weeks of that, they won't even touch the next bunch of bananas? In my family there is no middle ground.), I went to allrecipes and searched for banana bread thinking I would find something that looked like Maria's. Instead, I found this (Maria's has no chocolate). Delicious. I did use butter instead of the shortening and since I was out of walnuts I used pecans. The pecans were very good, but I will try walnuts in the future.
Hope you enjoy these recipes or that you find something else you enjoy at allrecipes. The reviews are really helpful in finding just what you are looking for.

No comments: