Saturday, May 2, 2009

Found Crocheted Things

Where did all this stuff come from? Anyway, I am still in the unpacking/organizing stage here and I found a few things I thought I would share since I haven't made my granny square for today. It is on the list and I still have more than three hours in the day, but the sun is not shining so I won't be taking a picture of it until tomorrow even once I make it.
But I do have granny squares:
Found Grannies
These were an experiment with two strands of baby yarn. The idea was to use one strand that stayed the same for all rounds and to change the other with each round. Together they also demonstrate that just because a yarn is labeled with a certain name (baby, sport, worsted, etc.) does not mean it is the same thickness as another yarn with that descriptor. I would still like to do something with this idea, but it would have to be something other than an afghan.
I also found some random granny square bits:
Granny Bits
The tension on these is so much looser than the way I crochet nowadays that I will probably just use them as starting points for scrumbling.
Speaking of scrumbling:
Found Scrumbles
These will definitely be used for scrumbling. They were made several years ago when I had first heard of freeform crochet. Our library used to have a wonderful book by James Walters that had wonderful information about crochet and how it works. It has been lost. Sigh. If you are interested in crochet and you ever see a book by him, do yourself a favor and get it.

No comments: