Friday, May 1, 2009

Four More Today

Granny Spirals 3
So, now I am four closer to catching up and slowing down to "a granny square a day 'til the end of May" as the challenge says. Maybe when I get to that point I will start adding the border since I am pretty sure I will go that way. If I can decide on a color. And if I have enough in my stash since one of the reasons I am doing this is to use up yarn not have an excuse to buy more yarn. In this picture you can see the difference between the red yarn in the one square (lower left) and the deep orange in the other three.
All of the squares are sitting in a stack on the edge of my dresser with the ends hanging over the side. Their shape reminds me of a jellyfish though I don't think I have ever seen this colorful a jellyfish. Unfortunately, it is in a tight space and I couldn't get a picture of the uneven ends which really give it that jellyfish-look.
Ends
Aren't the colors pretty though? I like them. Usually I like to weave in all ends as I go, but since I'm still not completely sure about the border, I am letting myself enjoy the build up of colors as I finish each square.

No comments: