Sunday, May 3, 2009

Found Dolls

It feels a little bit like Christmas to keep finding things I had put in the back of my mind as I keep unpacking and organizing things. All of these dolls were made some time ago from library books. Sorry, I don't remember which ones. I do remember I had trouble with the pattern for this one:
Doll for My Mom
I am no great sewer (that looks so wrong), so it seemed like a big deal to me, but I am sure to most it would be an easy adjustment. She was made as a gift for my mom, and has since come back to me as she tries to cope with allergies and has been eliminating things that might collect or hold dust. I do not know her name.
The second two are Henry and Marie Yvette.
Henry and Marie Yvette
He is from Kansas and was a doughboy during the Great War. While in France he met Marie Yvette, who likes to be called Yvette. Even with her bobbed hair and that entirely too enticing beauty mark, he could tell she was a sweet thing and language proved to be no barrier to love. They were married in France and now live and work on his parents' farm in Kansas. They are very happy.

No comments: