Monday, November 2, 2009

Crocheted Potholders



Originally uploaded by janberckmans
Ever since I saw this picture on flickr I have been wanting to crochet some round potholders. Go ahead and click on the picture and it will take you to this pictures page on flickr. Just above the picture it will list some options available to you. If you click "all sizes" you will be able to choose a larger image to view, so you can see more of the detail. It appears to be part of an art exhibit.

Anyway, you can see some of the patterns I have been looking at here, here, here, and here.

I want to do them in multiple colors, maybe even changing color with each round. It makes me nervous though to think of trusting something like crochet with all of its holes with protecting my hands so I think I will have to put some sort of filling between the layers.

I don't think I will be making enough for an art installation, and I am very sure that my husband would not be impressed me covering up all the beautiful tile work he has done in our kitchen with crocheted potholders, but it is nice when the necessary things are also bright and cheerful.

No comments: