Friday, November 6, 2009

Tuna Sandwich

When we have extra hamburger or hot dog buns or rolls, my daughter starts hinting that she would like me to make those tuna sandwiches with the cheese and green peppers. The funny part is that she always takes every last piece of green pepper out no matter how small I try to make the pieces.
Once, when dh was out of town she asked if we could have the sandwiches and even though we didn't have green peppers we decided to make them anyway. Mistake. Of course, I missed the green pepper but so did dd, because even though she takes them all out they do leave some of their taste in the sandwich.
Anyway, this is not one of those exact recipes, just something you throw together and adjust based on what you have on hand -- just don't forget the green pepper.
Mix together 1 can of tuna, drained; about 1/3 of a green pepper, chopped; 1/3 - 1/2 lb. of cheddar cheese, cut in small chunks; and enough mayonnaise to bind it together. Use the mixture to fill buns or rolls. Put on baking sheet and put in oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Once the oven gets to that temperature the cheese should be melted and they are ready to eat.

************

On another night this week I made breakfast for dinner and once again I made biscuits. I am not the world's best biscuit maker but this time I tried J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits and I have to say, those were some tasty biscuits. I will definitely be using that recipe again. I did use butter instead of shortening and I was very careful not to over mix or knead the dough. If you are looking for a good biscuit recipe, do give this one a try.

No comments: