Thursday, November 5, 2009

Finished Angel Ornament

Last month my mom invited me to go with her to a meeting of the Needle Arts Guild. Many years ago I was a member, but had to give it up when we moved to our current neck of the woods. This is where I learned to do counted cross stitch, pulled thread work, trapunto, blackwork, sashiko, Brazilian embroidery and even tatting.
Anyway, it was so good to see some faces I had not seen in more than 20 years, to visit and to see what they were working on these days. One of the best parts is that they have a table where everyone can share their current WIP's and finished projects.
The October meeting featured a stitched and beaded angel. It turns out it was supposed to be a two part lesson, but I will not be able to be there in November, so I just winged the beading part and this is what I came up with:


Beaded Angel Ornament

No comments: