Tuesday, November 3, 2009

How to Crochet

So now you want to make crocheted potholders, too, but alas, you do not know how to crochet and as much as I would be willing to teach you (in which case you would learn to make a bunny pin, because that is what I teach people when I teach them to crochet), it is possible that you want to learn right now, and you don't know me and you don't want to make a bunny pin, you want to make a potholder, for crying out loud!



In case you don't know, You Tube is a wonderful resource for how-to videos. Just type in what you are looking for in the search bar on the page and it will give lots of videos to choose from. If you sign up (it's free), you can keep a list of favorite videos. A word of warning: this site has all sorts of videos.

Anyway, I chose this video from a host of how to crochet videos there, because it is the only one I could find where the person demonstrating holds their yarn the way I do. It always feels awkward when you are first learning something, but the trick is to find the way that works for you.

If videos don't work for you, you can also learn to crochet here, here and here.

Once you learn you can make more than just potholders. You can make dolls simple and complex and just plain cute, bookmarks and book thongs, cute little birdies, and fortune cookies to name a few things.

No comments: